The Fondation du Zoo de Granby is a non-profit organization with the mission of financing and promoting conservation, research and education projects for the preservation of wildlife, flora and the environment in Québec and around the world.
It also supports initiatives aimed at the continuous improvement of our animal well-being here at the Zoo.
Zoo de Granby Foundation is celebrating its 30 years of activities!
That's right! For three decades now, the Foundation has been working tirelessly to support and promote the preservation of biodiversity here in Quebec, as well as internationally.
The Foundation works tirelessly to support the Zoo's mission by:
- Making numerous conservation and research projects possible
- Providing the Zoo experience to individuals from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds
- Supporting various initiatives for the education and awareness of the animal world
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of the well-being of the animals under our care
La Fondation fête ses 30 ans! (In French)
Founded in 1993, the Zoo de Granby Foundation has financially supported many projects over the years:
- New feeding troughs in our elephants’ habitat
- A project for reinstating bats
- A new habitat for our Amur leopards
- Social-community visits
- Annual support for several international research and conservation programs for endangered species, such as the snow leopard and the Amur tiger.
- Enrichments for the well-being of animals in the care of the Zoo de Granby
HOW TO CONTRIBUTE
The Foundation annually contributes to a number of projects essential to the conservation of biodiversity.
Whether it’s by contributing to the annual campaign, planning a donation through your will, your stocks or your life insurance policy, or by participating in our benefit activities, we thank you for joining us in this great adventure, and for truly making a difference!
CONTRIBUTING TO OUR ANNUAL CAMPAIGN
Whether it’s to reinstate spiny softshell turtles, preserve big cat habitats, fight poaching operations or support our research projects at the Zoo, each donation has a direct impact on the preservation of animal biodiversity. There are no small donations, only great impacts!
The Explorers' Feast
Join us for a convivial evening under the theme of "Globe-trotter gastronome". In collaboration with the Institut de tourisme et d'hôtellerie du Québec, you'll taste dishes inspired by the international regions found at the Zoo. See you on April 17th, 2024.
ZOOGRANBY5K RBC RACE
Come and participate in this fun family event. The only race in Québec held in a zoo, you'll even get to experience the park’s behind-the-scene pathways! The next edition will be held on Sunday, September 15, 2024. Three circuits are available: 1km, 5km or 10km. Registration begins on March 1, 2024.
If you wish to make a major Fondation du Zoo contribution or a planned donation, please contact the Foundation management through e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 450 372-9113, ext. 2102.
GRANT FOR ENDANGERED SPECIES IN QUÉBEC
The Foundation offers annual grants to organizations committed to the protection of nature by supporting various conservation initiatives in Québec. The grant aims to finance projects focusing on the protection and valorization of native species.
The 2023 recipients:
- Québec Oiseaux: Alleviating threats and conserving nesting habitat for endangered grassland birds in Québec
- Saguenay-Charlevoix Comité ZIP: Chiroptères Charlevoix
- Organisme de bassin versant de la baie Missisquoi: Inventory and protection project for the spring salamander
- Le Nichoir: Recovery and release of endangered aerial insectivores
The Fondation du Zoo de Granby is proud to become involved with communities, associations and organizations through the sponsorship of zoo passes.
Requests must meet the following criteria:
- They must be presented by a recognized association or NPO, or propose an activity benefiting a recognized NPO
- They must be based in the province of Québec;
- They must operate in one of the following key sectors:
- The field of health,
- Children’s well-being and education,
- The social community sector.
- They must not have received any sponsorship from the Fondation du Zoo within the last 12 months.
- Any project aimed at only one individual;
- Projects linked to a political party or a candidate belonging to a political party, or any pressure group;
- Any project that could potentially be detrimental to the reputation of the Zoo de Granby, the Fondation or their respective missions.
The ZOODEGRANBY5K RBC RACE
Since its first edition in 2017, the aim of the Zoo Race is to raise public awareness for the preservation, research, education and animal well-being initiatives undertaken by the Zoo's Foundation. Join the 2,000 runners and make a difference, while enjoying a fun activity on the Zoo site! Three circuits are available: 1km, 5km or 10km. Join us on Sunday, September 15, 2024! Registration begins on March 1, 2024.
Director - Philanthropic Development, Partnerships and Sponsorships
Fondation du Zoo de Granby
525, rue Saint-Hubert
Granby (Québec) J2G 5P3
450 372-9113, poste 2102
We Thank out Donators
The Zoo de Granby Foundation wishes to recognize the great generosity of all those who make a gesture for the preservation of biodiversity here and elsewhere. The recognition program is a tribute to all donors - individuals and organizations - who support the Foundation's mission.
List of 2023 Donators ; Donations of $500 and more
- Ai Groupe Financier
- Caisse Desjardins de Granby-Haute-Yamaska
- Fondation Mathieu Sabourin
- Gescon Symbiose Inc.
- MRC de La Haute-Yamaska
- Coffrage Éco Inc.
- Dubé Loiselle Inc.
- EmondExpert Inc.
- Excavation Daigle
- Fondation du Centre Normand-Léveillé
- IGA Extra Marché St-Pierre et fils
- Normandin Gravel Rhéaume Avocats Inc.
- Prinoth Ltd.
- Rona Granby
- Viandes B&B
- Annie Rousseau
- Catherine Collins & Pierre Forest
- David Rhéaume
- Denis Larose
- Dr. George Melich
- Émilie Noiseux
- François Larose
- Gilles Charbonneau
- Korin Korman
- Marie-Claude Landry
- Marie-Michèle Desmarais
- Maxie Lafleur
- Paul Gosselin
- Richard Brosseau
- Yvan Auclair
- RBC Banque Royale
In collaboration with :
- Essor Assurances
- Normandin Gravel Rhéaume Avocats Inc.
- La Pomme Verte
The Foundation's administrators are appointed by the Board of Directors of the Société zoologique de Granby, from among the members in good standing of the SZG Board.
- President: Jean-François Dumas
- Vice-president: Richard Brosseau
- Treasurer: Simon Lapointe
- Secretary: Paul Gosselin